Views
Helpful
Replies

firepower 9300 security module issue

sandeep4
Level 1
Level 1

hi all,

we have an issue with firepower 9300 security module 2.

when we are seeing the hardware status it is showing unassociated. we referred the Cisco document it showing 

" Unassociated—Thesecuritymodule/engine doesn't have a logical-device associated with it. 

please provide me some suggestion for solving the problem.

securirty module.PNG

Thanks,

Sandeep Reddy

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Sandeep,
It seems there is some issue with the Security Module. Better to open a TAC case so they can help you to troubshoot or RMA.

Hope This Helps

Abheesh

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Abheesh Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
did you create a logical device for that module 2.

Hi abheesh,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes I connected the logical device(ASA 9.8.2). Actually we are configuring clustering with all three security modules.

Let me know if you need anything. Please suggest me

Thanks

So you are planning to cluster all three SM modules right...??
I am not sure with ASA image you can intercluster the SM Modules. I have did with FTD image for one customer.

Hi abheesh,

Thanks for your reply

So you are planning to cluster all three SM modules right...??

yes. 

I am not sure with ASA image you can intercluster the SM Modules. I have did with FTD image for one customer.

cluster.PNG 
we found the below doc link. ASA supports inter clustering

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/fxos/fxos221/cli-guide/b_CLI_ConfigGuide_FXOS_221/logical_devices.html#task_4842F30E0F374DBFB2D021DF3198D5DA

thanks,

sandeep.

Hi Sandeep,
Thanks for sharing the doc.
Can you try deleting the logical device assosicated to the SM2 and try re adding the logical device. If that also doesn't help then try reseating the SM2 and check.

Hi abheesh,

thanks for your reply

we already tried.

but the issue is same.

thanks

sandeep

Hi sandeep,
Can you do one last try by changing the slot of SM module, if that also not reolsve then may be some issue with the SM module, Please open a ticket with Cisco TAC.

HTH
Abheesh

Hi Abheesh,

Thanks for your reply

we tried that one also. After changing the security module slot 2 to 1. it is showing hardware status "compute mismatch".

Thanks,

sandeep

Hi Sandeep,
It seems there is some issue with the Security Module. Better to open a TAC case so they can help you to troubshoot or RMA.

Hope This Helps

Abheesh

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card