Views
Helpful
Replies

Firepower (ASA Appliance) with Monitor Stat

jewfcb001
Level 4
Level 4

Hi All ,

I try to find the information about Monitor for Firepower (ASA Appliance) but I'm not sure Firepower can collect stat & report (, Daily ,Weekly ,Monthly , Yearly ) following information below or not .  Please advise me . 

1. CPU --> Usage and High Usage
  2. Memory --> Usage and High Usage
  3. Session ---> New and Concurrent
  4. Interface (Physical and Logical) ---> Usage and Status (Up/Down)
  5. VPN Tunnel ---> Usage and Status (Up/Down)
  6. Node and Clustering Status
  7. New session per sec
  8. Disk usage
  9. Concurrent session
  10. Policy hitcount
  11. Sync/Non Sync Configuration
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Most network management systems (Prime Infrastructure, PRTG, SolarWinds Orion NPM etc.) already have the ASA MIBs built in. You just add the ASA and the tool knows what MIBs to use. FXOS may be a little harder and require you use MIBs specific to the hardware you are using. You haven;t told us what hardware that is yet.

What exactly is your setup and what are you trying to do? Is this a production deployment or learning / lab exercise?

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Look for the mibs in firepower guide and MIB database. They should be
present as these states were present in ASA and already sent from FTD to
FMC.

***** please remember to rate useful posts

@Mohammed al Baqari 

Hi Mohammed ,

You mean need FMC for more monitoring information Firepower (ASA Appliance)  My understand Is it correct ?

About Info of Device must  be check with MIB Database ? But I found MIB for Firepower with FXOS I think FXOS need 

FMC for monitoring and Configure . But If I use Firepower (ASA Appliance) must be use ASA MIB or can use FMC for monitor Firepower (ASA) or not ?  Please advise me . 

You use the term "Firepower (ASA Appliance)". Do you mean ASA software running on a Firepower hardware appliance?

If so then you have to consult at least two MIBs to get the information you are asking about - the FXOS MIB will give you statistics regarding the hardware (CPU, memory etc.). The ASA MIB will give you the other bits.

In both cases, FMC has nothing to do with the issue. FMC manages Firepower appliances (physical or virtual) running FTD software or Firepower service modules installed on ASA hardware.

@Marvin Rhoads 

Thank you for information . Can you share MIB to me ? But if I use this scenario I monitoring device from ASDM or MIB (SNMP) or not ? 

Most network management systems (Prime Infrastructure, PRTG, SolarWinds Orion NPM etc.) already have the ASA MIBs built in. You just add the ASA and the tool knows what MIBs to use. FXOS may be a little harder and require you use MIBs specific to the hardware you are using. You haven;t told us what hardware that is yet.

What exactly is your setup and what are you trying to do? Is this a production deployment or learning / lab exercise?

@Marvin Rhoads 

- As the customer requirement . They need the new device for replace existing firewall . I will find more information to them.

Thank you for good information. 

Aha, If you use FTD appliance as ASA then its easier. Just lookup for ASA
MIBs and poll them directly from ASA reachable IP (after you configure snmp
on ASA).

**** please remember to rate useful posts

@Mohammed al Baqari 

Can you share MIB for me ? About ASA Software can monitor via ASDM ? Do you know about ASDM report & stat information ?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card