Views
Helpful
Replies

FirePOWER blocking Application Uploads or Downloads

nehmaan123
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Does anybody know How you can block Dropbox uploading of files on FirePOWER ?

Kindest regards,

8 Replies 8

Ajay Saini
Level 7
Level 7

Hello,

If you have ssl offloading done on Firewpower, you can use the application level blocking to block the downloads or uploads using Firewpower. I am attaching a screenshot from my lab:

Dropbox App.JPG

More about SSL decryption:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/asa-5500-x-firepower-services/200577-Configure-the-SSL-decryption-on-FirePOWE.html

-HTH

AJ

Ajay,

Thank you very much for your response. Appreciate it.

My mistake here, I meant Google Drive and not Dropbox. :-(

I did manage to get Dropbox working just fine along with SSL decryption.

Cheers,

Nehmaan

Glad to help :)

Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

-HTH

AJ

Hi,

Could you please advise the procedure to block the cloud storage like google drive and Microsoft DriveOne?

Regards

Saif

We are also looking for this information. Is there a way to request applications?

What are you looking for exactly ?

We're looking to block downloads from Google Docs/Drive and OneDrive. While also allowing uploads to Google Docs/Drive and OneDrive. In the applications under the policies, you can do this for Dropbox uploads and downloads separately, but not the one mentioned above.

Hi,

were you able to work this as I am looking for samething to block uploads to public drives like onedrive, dropbox , youtube and gmail attachment.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card