Views
Helpful
Replies

Firepower FDM API Error

latenaite2011
Level 4
Level 4

Hey everyone, 

Getting the following error while trying to launch the FDM API Explorer (trying to change the time zone):

I tried, https://x.x.x.x/api/api-explorer:

{"message":"Unauthorized","status_code":401}

I am running version 7.2.5-208.

Thanks!

Latenaite

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- You will need to provide an authenticating sequence first ; checkout :
            https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/ftd-api/guide/ftd-rest-api/auth-ftd-rest-api.html#task_D3DF4A67A0554CF587C0193906435E0F

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Thank you M. for this suggestion. Seems pretty length and complicated to
make a small change.

I am wondering if not having the correct time zone would impact the
Firepower in some way if it uses FQDN on the firepower access policies,
specifically this would be for Office 365 applications.

Currently having some intermittently issues access emails.

thanks!

Hey Marce1000,

Thanks a lot for your suggestion and sorry for the delay in responding.

Did further troubleshooting and it appears that the time in the FDM GUI is correct but in the CLI console, the time and timezone are off so not sure what the Firepower uses for resolving queries on DNS and passing data traffic from client to server (dealing with TLS and certification traffic and know that the date and time need to be correct for these types of traffic to work).

With the time off in CLI, just wondering if this would impact the traffic at all and if so, how can I change the time and timezone in CLI?  (just discussed with someone and the API Explorer may just change the FDM GUI's settings and not the CLI.

thanks much in advance, 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card