Views
Helpful
Replies

Firepower FTD interface bandwidth step down from 10Gbps to 1Gbps

donnie
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have 2x interfaces of my secondary FTD (Firepower 2130 failover cluster managed using FMC) whose interface bandwidth step down from 10Gbps to 1Gbps (as seen when i ssh to the FTD) even though there is no config change on the FMC or on my fiber switchports connected to those interfaces. The same interfaces on my primary FTD is still showing 10Gbps. From the logs of the 2x switches which has switchport connected to my secondary FTD, i can see flapping and eventually the switchport went to err-disabled mode. Did a "shut" and "no shut" on those switchports but its protocol remain down although no longer in err-disabled mode. How do i get the fiber interfaces of my FTD back to 10Gbps? TIA!

3 Replies 3

Check your cabling to see if you got layer 1 problem. Also, if you are
using port-channels, ensure consistency between the ports on the switch
side.

***** please remember to rate useful posts

Hi Baqari,

No port-channel configuration for both affected interfaces. Both interfaces are connected to different network. Fiber cabling and fiber module have been removed and tested for other connectivity and verified working. Thanks.

Try to swap the cables for one port between primary and secondary FTDs and
see if it makes a difference
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card