Views
Helpful
Replies

FirePOWER modules fail to update 6.1.0.2-57

PX
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Recently we migrated our FireSIGHT and firePOWER modules to v6 which has progressed smoothly although i am having issues updating the firepower modules for a remote site with low bandwidth from the fireSIGHT interface to 6.1.0.2-57. All the other modules i have updated to 6.1.0.2-57 successfully.

These firepower modules in question are already patched to 6.1.0.1-53 which completed ok although it did take some time before it started the install process.

The error i recieve is "remote install failed" which happens precisely at an hour (must be a timeout setting).

I have noted that the release sizes are different (6.1.0.1-53 = 400 MB, 6.1.0.2-57 = 800 MB) which with the addition of the timeout and low bandwidth may not be allowing the file to be copied over.

I have ssh'd onto the modules and looked within the logs (/var/logs) although there is no folder pertaining to this update meaning the file doesn't complete copying over(?)

Thoughts?

Thanks

Mark 

3 Replies 3

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you open a TAC case they can guide you through an alternative installation method.

It's not a generally recommended approach, but one can scp the update file onto the sensor directly and then kickoff the upgrade script.

For what it's worth, if I were going to the trouble, I'd recommend going ahead all the way to 6.2.

Hi Marvin,

To which folder location on the module would i copy the file to and how would i go about executing the update. 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card