Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Firepower Services Software for ASA suggested v

Hello community,

there is a new suggested software release for Firepower Threat Defense 7.2.4-165.

In the past, if there was a new suggested release for FTD the same version was suggested also for Firepower Services Software for ASA.

This time, previously suggested Firepower Services Software for ASA 7.0.5-72 is not marked with gold star anymore and I do not see any 7.2.x release available for download. 

I would like to ask you, what version is currently suggested to be installed on ASA with firepower services?

Are there any plans to release 7.2.x version or is 7.0.x the last version available for these devices?

Thank you in advance for answer!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi kamensky@kronovision.sk thats because there is no 7.2 Firepower Services image for the ASA hardware, nor will there be.

You'd have to upgrade the hardware to newer Firepower hardware which supports the latest ASA or FTD software images. Firepower Services is not supported on Firepower hardware, to use those features you'd need to use the FTD image.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

what is your ASA platform ?
thanks 

MHM

Hi kamensky@kronovision.sk thats because there is no 7.2 Firepower Services image for the ASA hardware, nor will there be.

You'd have to upgrade the hardware to newer Firepower hardware which supports the latest ASA or FTD software images. Firepower Services is not supported on Firepower hardware, to use those features you'd need to use the FTD image.

Understand, thank you for answer.

will Firepower Services Software for ASA be supported until end of support for ASA 5508/ ASA 5516 (31.08.2026)?

ASA hardware is good until 2026, the Firepower Services 7.0 is an Extra Long term release, so you should be fine for several years. You will obviously not get new features. https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/security/asa-5500-series-next-generation-firewalls/eos-eol-notice-c51-744798.html

Understand.

thanks a lot for quick and very informative feedback.

I am sorry I have one more question.

We have FMCv that only manages Firepower Services for ASA.

There is available upgrade for FMCv to version 7.2.4-169 suggested release.

Do you suggest to upgrade FMCv to version 7.2.x even thought it only manages  Firepower Services for ASA which will stay on 7.0.x version? Or should I leave also FMCv on 7.0.x version?

kamensky@kronovision.sk not sure you will get much benefit, but the compatibility guides says 7.2 can manage 7.0 (or older) image versions. https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/secure-firewall/compatibility/management-center-compatibility.html

Once again thanks a lot....

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card