Views
Helpful
Replies

Firepower showing NTP out of sync

yong khang NG
Level 5
Level 5

Hi all

I had a FMC and 2 Firepower all running version 6.0.0. Firepower time is using Firesight time,, while Firesight is point ot outside NTP server.

FMC and one of the Firepower time is correct point to NTP server time, another firepower unit is out of sync, Time different is this Firepower using UTC timezone, while i am in GMT+8 time zone.

Even i deploy the system policy on the firepower but the time is still out of sync.

question

01. what need to do over firepower session sfr expert mode? I recall we can tweak the setting for this, etc/ntp.conf?

02. how to change the timezone in Firepower?

thank

Noel

5 Replies 5

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It is not recommended to use the FirePOWER Management Center as an ntp source if it is VM-based.

It is unsupported to use the cli to change any timezone or time settings once you have run through initial setup.

Time zone preference is set under the User menu

hmm, i ever into the firepower expert mode and tweak the NTP conf.

now thing is one Firepower sync with FiRESIGHT, another unit not sync

Any comment on this?

If you insist on doing what the documentation and a Cisco engineer and a partner engineer say you should NOT do, it's kind of hard to continue to give advice.

Perhaps you should open a TAC case.

ok mervin,

Now the firesight timezone is correct, but still the Firepower NTP is out of sync

What is the remedy way to get the NTP back to normal?

Should i redo on this:

sudo /usr/local/sf/bin/configure-network 

thank you

Noel

Jetsy Mathew
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Yong,

As Marvin said, you are not supposed to sync the device with a Virtual Firesight Manager. You can create a local NTP server and make sure the connectivity is there between the devices. Please sync the firesight and firepower to the same local NTP server .

Rate and mark the post helps you

Regards

Jetsy 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card