cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Firepower slowing down backup traffic signifficantly.

Hello,

I have a pair of ASA5515-X's with firepower modules installed. They are managed by an FMC1000 appliance.

Each time I send traffic through the firepower unit my client experiences a huge slowdown in backup traffic.

The backup traffic is from between two servers on the same subnet so I would assume that we are not inspecting traffic in the same network.

I have added some ACLs to stop the "server" network to the "server network" from going through the sfr but still get the same results.

FMC ver 6.2

SFR ver 6.1

Please let me know what other details you may need in order to point me in the right direction.

Thanks

Nick

4 Replies 4

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Did you verify the flow through the ASA using packet-tracer?

For instance:

packet-tracer input <server network interface nameif> tcp <server a address> 1234 <server b address> <tcp port used for backup application>

Hi Marvin,

Apologies for not updating this thread for a while. We now believe this issue is not related to the firepower module. The backup traffic should not even go through the firewall as the traffic is between hosts on the same VLAN.

Thank you for your input.

gbekmezi-DD
Level 5
Level 5
Is your firewall in transparent mode?

Its in routed mode and we now believe that the firepower unit is not the cause of the issues.
Thanks
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: