Views
Helpful
Replies

Firepower Time SYN with Firesight

adamgibs7
Level 6
Level 6

Dears,

My firepower is not syncing with firesight system for time, firesight is synced with a ntp server but firepower is not syncing , how I can set the clock/NTP in firepower.as what I know intial setup we get a ntp option but now the firepower is already setup and I don't get any CLI option to configure NTP

thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Adam,

You use FirePOWER Management Center (new name for FireSIGHT Management Center AKA Defense Center) to control 99% of what a FirePOWER module (on ASA) or standalone appliance does, including setting its NTP server.

Just as the document says, create or modify a FirePOWER policy to define the time synchronization settings. Save it and deploy to your devices and they will be updated with that policy.

See the following example screenshot (open in new tab to zoom):

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Is your FireSIGHT a VM?

If so, you should not use it as the NTP server for your FirePOWER module(s).

Instead refer them to a different NTP server, either internal to the network or external.

Cisco recommends that you synchronize your appliances to a physical NTP server. Do not synchronize your managed devices to a virtual Firepower Management Center.

Source:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/601/configuration/guide/fpmc-config-guide-v601/Management_Center_System_Configuration.html#ID-2258-0000057e

Dear Marvin,

this all configuration shows for firesight how I can set a  time for firepower module by the below line I can configure time on firepower.????

Classic managed device—Choose Devices > Platform Settings and create or edit a Firepower policy.

Adam,

You use FirePOWER Management Center (new name for FireSIGHT Management Center AKA Defense Center) to control 99% of what a FirePOWER module (on ASA) or standalone appliance does, including setting its NTP server.

Just as the document says, create or modify a FirePOWER policy to define the time synchronization settings. Save it and deploy to your devices and they will be updated with that policy.

See the following example screenshot (open in new tab to zoom):

thanks Marvin done it is synchronized now.

Dear Marvin.

I am changing the NTP server and a new server use authentication where i can find the option to enter the authentication key.

thanks

That's a good question Adam.

The FirePOWER Manager doesn't appear to currently support NTP authentication. You might raise a TAC case to confirm and, if verified, request an enhancement feature.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card