cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Firepower: using CL, how to verify SSD installation, verify license?

Hello.

My task is to assess the status of Firepower technology on the existing ASAs. I can only use the CLI, not the ASDM.

May you please answer below questions?...

1. On an ASA 5525, using the CLI, how do I remotely verify if the SSD drive is physically installed?

2. Following document explains the Firepower license details: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/640/asa-fp-services/asafps-local-mgmt-config-guide-v64/licensing_the_asa_firepower_module.html

The above link, and also a Google search does not provide the CLI instruction.
Using only the CLI, how can I discover if I have a valid Firepower license?

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

1. "show inventory" will list the chassis details including SSD (if any).

2. This is not possible. Where a Firepower service module is installed, you can see if it is configured for local or FMC-based managed via "show module sfr details". The configured management type will be indicated there - the abbreviation "DC" (Defense Centre - old name for FMC) may be observed. With that information, you can have the individuals with access to the respective GUI (ASDM or FMC) check those for verification of licenses.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

1. "show inventory" will list the chassis details including SSD (if any).

2. This is not possible. Where a Firepower service module is installed, you can see if it is configured for local or FMC-based managed via "show module sfr details". The configured management type will be indicated there - the abbreviation "DC" (Defense Centre - old name for FMC) may be observed. With that information, you can have the individuals with access to the respective GUI (ASDM or FMC) check those for verification of licenses.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card