Views
Helpful
Replies

Firepower version 6.0.1

Addey Salameh
Level 1
Level 1

Hello guys 

I've recently updated my ASA 5506 firepower to version 6.0.1 -29 and i can no longer see the active directory users i searched for this thing and i found this link Configure Active Directory Integration with Firepower Appliance but it's not helping because i don't want a Captive Portal Authentication in my environment and i can't even see the users in the access control policy (it gives me a warning triangle says i need to do the identity policy ) , so i tried to create the identity policy but it needs  self-signed certificate and i did it but when storing the certificate it gives me this error (Failed to validate Cert Based EO: System (/usr/bin/openssl rsa -outform pem -inform pem -in /tmp/SIrNBopGd5 -passin file:/tmp/Jd8gZivkm_ -out /tmp/A4qZjXp0YY) Failed) and now i'm really stuck here i don't know what to do ..help please :/

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aastha Bhardwaj
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi ,

This happens when the key used is not encrypted by passphrase. Try :

Encrypt the key with a passphrase and then import the certificate and key.

Regards,

Aastha Bhardwaj

Rate if that helps!!!!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Aastha Bhardwaj
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi ,

This happens when the key used is not encrypted by passphrase. Try :

Encrypt the key with a passphrase and then import the certificate and key.

Regards,

Aastha Bhardwaj

Rate if that helps!!!!

Thank you Aastha for replying

Actually i really don't know what you mean with passphrase, because  i've never done any certificates in my life (this is my first one) , and i only followed this & this guide in doing mine ,so if you can help me i'll be really thankful :D 

Hi ,

Internal Certificate under Objects > PKI > Internal Certificate if the key being imported is not encrypted with a passphrase .

Regards,

Aastha Bhardwaj

Rate if that helps!!!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card