Views
Helpful
Replies

Firewall Activation

LANSK
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Experts, 

I am in the middle of task that required to activate ASA 5545 Firewalls. I have received the Licence files from cisco. In the email it was written that will required cisco Defence Center for to upload the licence file to firewalls.  Please advice me how can i download the defense center (correct me if i am wrong)or Is Defense Center is a part of an  internal Software that runs within the firewall ?.Screen Shot 2019-05-08 at 22.58.43.png

1 Reply 1

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It appears you are asking about licenses for the ASAs' Firepower service modules. Those are added either in Firepower Management Center (FMC = new name for the old Sourcefire "Defense Center" product) or, if you manage the modules locally, via ASDM.

ASDM management didn't used to be an option for ASA 5545-X thus the (probably very old) instructions you have don't mention it. It was added as of release 6.0 and your firewalls' service modules may be running version 5.x.

FMC is generally recommended as it is much more full-featured than ASDM-based management of the Firepower modules. It is a separately licensed and installed product however.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: