Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Firewall ASSA5515X - Slow connection with VPN

For about 10 months ago the switch at home in the basement broke and internet provider changed it. Before the switch broke down my VPN connection and speed to my firms firewall was perfect. Since they changed the switch it goes very slow to save document and open document. My internet provider says the switch works fine. Internet works fine for my girlfriend which also use VPN but different company = different VPN. Youtube, tv etc works fine since its not using VPN. No others neighbors is having this problem.

Im thinking there must be any setting inthe firewall that can be changed, any advice?
I have reinstalled på my VPN server, also removed router in apartment and used cat 6 cable directly from switch to computer.
My firm are using firewall ASSA5515X and Im using at home VPN Cisco Anyconnect Secure Mobility Client and switch Huawei Quidway S5300 Series S5328C-HI

8 Replies 8

Share this 

show vpn-sessiondb anyconnect

MHM

How do I share it? Type which steps i need to do to see it, command prompt?

show vpn-sessiondb anyconnect

Above is command 

Share it output 

MHM

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

So outline you saying, you have no internet connection issue, when you using direct internet and you having issue only when you connect to VPN to your Firm.,

Before you mentioned that provider replaced switch - that where you see the issue ? did you contacted provider about the issue ?

Since you are end user you may not have access your Firm ASA Firewall to trouibleshoot.

Since you say before working now its slow ? how slow - how are you defining slow, browsing ? file upload ?

Have you tried with same PC outside different conneciton and is the VPN works (if that works, then you know where to go, this looks like ISP provider issue right ?)

2 Options.

1. Raise complaint with ISP and see if they have any connection setting to fine tune.

2. ask you ASA  admin to troubleshoot your connection why it was slow.

Most of the time high level these could be some MTU Settings.

below link for your office administrator to go through any settings required to change :

https://community.cisco.com/t5/security-knowledge-base/asa-best-practices-for-remote-access-vpn-performance/ta-p/4070579

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Correct.

Yes I see the issue with the switch but my provider says its the same switch and same settings as before. They keep telling me that the problem isnt on their side. Talked with them probably 30+ times since mars. 
I have discussed this with the IT-apartment at work and they dont know what to do and we dont have any support agreement with Cisco. They also tell me that this is a private case. So right know Im stuck... 
Before this happen it took 0,5 sec to save files, now it can take around 10 sec, so really slow. Now when I work home I use my phones 5G, its better but not that slow, prob 2-3 sec to save dokuments.

Im connecting to VPN during meetings at other companys and it works fine. 
Yea I can send them the link. Other advise?

Troubleshoot with your network admin, Community can not help with out seeing debug logs.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

the SLOW Anyconnect come from the Anyconnect VPN use TLS not DTLS 
that maybe due 
MTU issue 
or the DTLS is block 
MHM

Hello

@tobiaslarsson1994 wrote:
The switch at home in the basement broke and internet provider changed it
Internet works fine for my girlfriend which also use VPN but different company = different VPN. Youtube, tv etc works fine since its not using VPN. No others neighbors is having this problem.
Im connecting to VPN during meetings at other companys and it works fine.

Im thinking there must be any setting inthe firewall that can be changed, any advice?

By the sounds of it the switch is working okay (internet works, vpn works for your girlfriend) its just when you fire up your own VPN it doesn't work as you aspect it to but the same vpn software on your pc works using any other underlay network other than your home one?

This Huawei switch is ISP managed correct which means you do not have access to it, So have you tried installing the anyconnect software on your girlfriends pc and test from that.

You also try resetting your pc network card bindings and clear down its ipstack (wndows pc)
netsh interface ipv4 reset
netsh winsock reset
reload pc.

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card