Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Firewall help

Hello,

can someone help with a setup with a firewall asa 5505 soft version 8.4.5 I want to secure my private lan

modem(isp) --> firewall connection need to be on PPPoE --> router --> sw --> host

I need tips and trick I'm new with this

18 Replies 18

ok, but

i have 5-6 classes management, web, server, transfer, default, mail

few of them are for wan like mail, web but rest are for private (management, server, transfer)

the problem for me is where to apply the policy map on the input interface that is connect o private network, or to the out put of a private network

also i need to mark the trafic from the sw or from the router

apply it on the interface where the priviate network resides.

please do not forget to rate.

thx

also I have other quesion of the topic about Quality of Service on switchs and routers

I have a AP that is set with a vlan 55(this is the vlan that is allow to access the WAN) and is connected on port f0/2 from the switch.

The switch have port f0/1 as a trunk port to the router with all vlan that I have set on port.

Router have the port f0/1 with 3 subinterfaces f0/1.55, f0/1.100, f0/1.22 and port f0/0 is connected to ISP through a virtual interface (Dailer)

the BIG Questions is:

1. when I apply the quality of service for the my network is a best practice to mark as soon as i can right ?

2. I mark and classify the traffic from mai private network on the inbound (input) of the interface f0/2 where I'm connected with my AP, right ?

3. after i set the mark and class on the inbount (input) on the f0/2 port where to set the outbund (output) on the f0/2 or f0/1 ?

4. If on the f0/1 wil be on the input or output ? and I need to remark again or is remaining withe the first mark ?

5. when the traffic go to router also there I need to remark and and set where on input / output ?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card