Views
Helpful
Replies

firewall that support L4-L7

Dhikra Marghli
Level 5
Level 5

Hello 

i want to know  what are the firewall that support L4-L7 either Cisco or another manufacturer ??? 

i want to knwo if ASA or FTD support L4-L7 ??? 

i wait a reply from expert security

Thanks

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

M02@rt37
VIP
VIP

Hello @Dhikra Marghli 

As @MHM Cisco World mentionned, Firepower from cisco support l4-l7 inspection.

Others manufacturers:

Palo Alto Networks firewalls are known for their application-layer visibility and control. They operate at L7 and can identify and control applications and users.

Fortinet's FortiGate firewalls provide application control, intrusion prevention, antivirus, and other security features at multiple layers, including L7.

Also, Check Point firewalls offer application control, URL filtering, and intrusion prevention, providing advanced security services beyond basic packet filtering.

Screenshot_20231201_065159.jpg

Best regards
.ı|ı.ı|ı. If This Helps, Please Rate .ı|ı.ı|ı.

View solution in original post

First, this is the wrong attitude for a community where people answer questions in their free time. This is not paid support!

For your question, you are entirely free how to combine L3/4 and L7 controls in your rules on FTD. For Meraki MX they are not as flexible.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Firepower with ftd image from cisco support l4-l7 inspection.

MHM

Hello

i want to knwo how FW cisco can  work with L7 inspection ? 

M02@rt37
VIP
VIP

Hello @Dhikra Marghli 

As @MHM Cisco World mentionned, Firepower from cisco support l4-l7 inspection.

Others manufacturers:

Palo Alto Networks firewalls are known for their application-layer visibility and control. They operate at L7 and can identify and control applications and users.

Fortinet's FortiGate firewalls provide application control, intrusion prevention, antivirus, and other security features at multiple layers, including L7.

Also, Check Point firewalls offer application control, URL filtering, and intrusion prevention, providing advanced security services beyond basic packet filtering.

Screenshot_20231201_065159.jpg

Best regards
.ı|ı.ı|ı. If This Helps, Please Rate .ı|ı.ı|ı.

Bravo  for your answer  

also i want to know if FPR with FTD support layer4  or layer 7 or two layer 4/layer 7  !!! this is my question !!   

i wait a reply !! 

First, this is the wrong attitude for a community where people answer questions in their free time. This is not paid support!

For your question, you are entirely free how to combine L3/4 and L7 controls in your rules on FTD. For Meraki MX they are not as flexible.

Firepower support inspection all layers.

MHM

Meraki MX also supports L7 inspections. But it is quite limited compared to an FTD.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card