Views
Helpful
Replies

Firewall upgrade to 8.4.4

Andrew Melsom
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All

I have reacently gone to upgrade my firewall to version 8.4.4, but afte i upgraded this all the network objects have all got jumpled up, lost there descriptions lost there names and there are some duplicates. Has anyone else experienced this and if so is there a way around this ?

Thanks

Andy

1 Reply 1

Jouni Forss
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

If you upgraded from 8.2 (or earlier) directly to new 8.4 software the ASA will convert alot of NAT configurations to use "object network" and "object-group"

I usually always write the old configurations again on Notepad and use those configurations after the software upgrade. This way I will have the objects named the way I like. Also this way I can be certain what is configured on the firewall.

Though you can rename "access-list" and "object network" at any point. To my understanding renaming "object-group" is not possible. You will just have to make new one and reapply any configurations that used them with the new "object-group"

I think the commands to rename "access-list" and "object network" was

• access-list rename
  • object network rename

This should just rename the access-lists and object networks in the configuration. It should not change anything or remove anything. I guess its the same if you for example issued a new "nameif" under an interface. It would get transfered to the rest of the configuration.

- Jouni

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card