cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FMC 2120 FTD Management Only Port

mgommel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone.  I've reviewed several different documents about the 2120 and FMC, https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/620/configuration/guide/fpmc-config-guide-v62/system_configuration.html#ID-2241-00000370 as an example, however, I'm not finding a way to set one of the other ports to allow for management traffic only.  What I'm hoping I can achieve is similar to how I can configure the 5506 firewalls and connect the dedicated Management port to one of the other ports on the 5506 and set it up as Management-Only.  This way, I'm not wasting ports on my switch that sits behind the 2120 (see attached picture for reference on how the physical cabling would look).  My problem is that when I go to configure a port within FMC, the "Management" checkbox is ALWAYS not available for me to select.  Has anyone else come across this and have a solution?  Thanks for any assistance!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Management-only doesn't apply so much in the FTD context since you must use the physical management interface for that purpose.

Just make the port you are plugging into a regular port with any necessary ACP entries and NAT rules needed to reach FMC in place and it should work fine. Its IP address will be the gateway for your management interface.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Management-only doesn't apply so much in the FTD context since you must use the physical management interface for that purpose.

Just make the port you are plugging into a regular port with any necessary ACP entries and NAT rules needed to reach FMC in place and it should work fine. Its IP address will be the gateway for your management interface.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card