Views
Helpful
Replies

FMC 7.0.5 to 7.2.4 upgrade failure

zmutlu
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I`am trying to upgrade FMC Virtual (KVM)to suggested by Cisco version 7.2.4 from 7.0.5. (Cisco_Secure_FW_Mgmt_Center_Upgrade-7.2.4-169.sh.REL.tar)

Downloaded upgrade file, checked RAM (32 Gb) and Disk space (attached print screen) verified installation with readiness check.

Installation was successful and after reboot system was waiting for Kernel boot about 10 hours, print screen attached. Any ideas or suggestions?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Funsek
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,
You need to attach a virtual serial port to the VM.

Answer from TAC:

"Could you please attach a virtual serial console port to the FMCv VM from Controller VM to allow the boot sequence to complete properly (this worked for most of similar cases) ?"

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

supporthyd
Level 1
Level 1

I am also facing the same issue. Post upgrade FMC boots up but we cannot ping it or login to the FMC. From CLI it gets logged in and gets logged out automatically.

Sujay
Level 1
Level 1

Same issue here. Have any of you found a workaround ?

Hello,

I have created a ticket in Cisco support, I will let you know when fix this bug.

Funsek
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,
You need to attach a virtual serial port to the VM.

Answer from TAC:

"Could you please attach a virtual serial console port to the FMCv VM from Controller VM to allow the boot sequence to complete properly (this worked for most of similar cases) ?"

Thank you, it works. Upgraded successfully. 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card