Views
Helpful
Replies

FMC Can't able to do image restore

mohamednazar1
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All

Iam tried to access the FMC through web interface with the ip address of 192.168.45.5, we got the login page but we got the error (unauthorise to access) but through SSH i can able to login with default password. after we did restart the FMC with Sudo restart and lost even the login page access and in between got power failure the FMC got cold restart.

Finally we got the message FMC 6.0 image correpted, planning to reimage the software.

we did the procedure as per cisco document system restore option and upload the image through my laptop solarwind SCP Server software. But in the FMC VGA console we choosed the SCP server, we got the authentication success messages in SCP Server software after that there is no image transfer happening. we tried through FTP server and HTTP Server. the image is not transfer to FMC Server. whatever server chose the iso image not upload to FMC. I can able to ping the FMC management ip through my laptop. open ticket with cisco they said need to do image restore, upload the image through the any one of the server and restore the image. i cant able to share my screen because the FMC connected with monitor only.

Could you please suggest how i can upload the iso image to FMC. it is not taking from laptop.

Thanks.

Mohamed

1 Reply 1

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Please confirm that you are using the following procedure:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/firesight-management-center/118308-technote-firesight-00.html#anc11

I suggest trying the freeware Filezilla FTP server. I have had good results using it for file uploads. It's management window gives you a good indication of why an upload might be failing.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card