cancel
Announcements

Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

FMC doesn't authenticate user

I have my FMC authenticating through LDAP so we can use domain creds. This has worked for years until recently 1 user cannot authenticate. The regularly connect through the AnyConnect VPN and that authentication works, however, when attempting to connect to the FMC they get the following error, "Unable to authorize access. If you continue to have difficulties accessing this device contact the system administrator." On the FMC event log I see this, "username: login failed". 

Has anyone else seen this? I may have to open a TAC case but would like any input before I hit that button.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Update: This issue was resolved by moving the user back into the AD OU. Apparently someone moved the user and the FMC looks for a specific OU when authenticating.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Hall of Fame Guru

They may have ambiguous credentials - i.e. something like their username and an alternate username share the same CN or such.

Highlighted

Update: This issue was resolved by moving the user back into the AD OU. Apparently someone moved the user and the FMC looks for a specific OU when authenticating.

View solution in original post

Content for Community-Ad