cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FMC Down after Upgrade attempt

keithcclark71
Level 3
Level 3

I was trying to patch FMC 6.6.5 to 6.6.5.2 last night and I believe another engineer logged in at same time I was in there and restarted the FMC through esxi while this update was in progress . Anyways I can access the FMC via SSH and ping and running the following commands i found here through the community I am not able to see what the issue is. When I try to access the login page it says "System Processes are starting" and remained that was overnight. I have never had to go through process of a restore here but I do have a backup I believe which hopefully contains all the system settings\rules\nat\vpn config as I had a tone of stuff in this config. Before I go through creating a new FMC VM and initiating a restore from this backup id like to try to fix. I may have to open a TAC on this but figured id post here as I want to learn as much as I can with firepower so I can better admin it when there are issues like this. Here are the below commands and see attached screenshots. I tried restarting the VM and still same issue of gui "System processes are starting" but never gets to login page. Anything i can try here before going through a complete rebuild\restore ???

netstat -a | grep 443

pmtool status | grep -E "Waiting|Down|Disable"

pmtool status | grep -i gui

pmtool status | grep -E "Waiting|Down|Disable|Running"

pmtool status | grep sftunnel

1 Reply 1

I would recommend you if you have a TAC support open a case with them and use this as opportunity to learn again something new. instead of doing a restore to FMC. if you build a new FMC and have FTD in it in that case remember not everthing is  restore examples, static routes etc.

please do not forget to rate.
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card