Helpful
Replies

FMC/FTD Upgrade matrix question

benolyndav
Level 4
Level 4

Hi

see image below

I was planning on upgrading to 7.05 which looks now to be cisco reccomended version, but after double checking the matrix it seems that thats not an option as if I upgrade FMC to 7.05 it wont be able to manage the FTD's, version 7.2 looks to be the the first step, is this correct/ accurate.??

also not sure why the FMC isnt downloading the lates versions for the FTD's its downloading the lates FMC version, these devices are all in the same group for external access to cisco sites.? any idea

Thanks

benolyndav_0-1676626846560.png

16 Replies 16

You lost me there a bit.  From the looks of it your FTDs are running 6.6.5 correct?  If that is the case, you are able to upgrade the FMC to 7.2.x.  FMC 7.2.x is able to manage FTD running 6.6.x

--
Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts

To anyone reading this post, avoid version that is 7.2.3 or lower in the 7.2.x release.  There are a ton of nasty bugs in these versions and we have had some major issues among them FTDs that are removed sporadically from the FMC management.  So far we have not had any issues with 7.2.4, but it is still early days.

--
Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card