Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Labels

Forum Posts

Resolved! ASA Link To StackWise Pair

Hello, Ref. diagram attached.  Focusing on the ASA uplinks and downlinks to a pair of C9500 switches which are configured in a StackWise Virtual mode. The two physical ports on the ASA will be bundled into a L3 Port-Channel. From the ASA, each physic...

zekebashi by Enthusiast
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Trying to get ASDM to work

I got an ASA 5512 from a sale and learning how to configure it, I had to do a password recovery on it to be able to get into it.I got the management port setup and can web into it, it shows Cisco ASDM 7.1(3) on the web page and gives me "install ASDM...

Resolved! Lose management interface IP when interface temporarily goes down on FTD 1140

We have a pair of FTD 1140's that we did initial configuration on with IPs 10.1.10.1 and 10.1.10.2. We have to move these to another VLAN for production, so these became 10.4.192.1 and 10.4.192.2. I made the change with the following commands: expert...

CVE-2018-0101 Patch

Hi we have a PCI compliance scan flagging on this CVE-2018-0101 vulnerability. The issue I have is how to resolve? Can someone assist here as the firewall in question I believe is out of smartnet support. It's pretty ridiculous if you need that suppo...

ASDM 1.9 can't connecting ASA firepower in ASDM

Hello. I install ASA 5506-X with firepower.But When i install ASDM launcher 1.9, I can't connect ASA firepower in ASDM.I delete ASDM launcher 1.9 and install ASDM launcher 1.8, I can connect ASA firepower in ASDM well.Certificate warning occurs when ...

GaeMi by Beginner
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Unable to ping DMZ from Outside

For some reason I cannot ping my DMZ IP from outside through static NAT. Packet capture shows the success ping from dmz out but failure on outside in. Packet trace shows that it should be successful. Included is all the relevant running config. # sho...

AFlack20 by Beginner
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

FTD version 6.6.3 acce

FTD ver 6.6.3 is running on FPR2110Logging from Lina is workingLogging from Access Control, all next generation of events are not sent to syslog, there are sent to FMCCisco states a reboot will solve the problem. Rebooted and it worked for a while th...

srstumpf by Beginner
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Categories on NGFW FTD

Under Rules there are "categories" .. and "mandatory"  see what is the idea behind them?  Does anyone have an example or document that define the strategy someone might use to apply there?  I don't see much out there about there about them... Thanks!...

craneman1 by Beginner
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Recognize Your Peers