cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FMC HA distance limitation?

Praveen Kumar
Level 1
Level 1

We have deployed two FMC 2500s in HA pair. Currently, it is sitting in the same rack, but I want to move the standby FMC to a different data center. I checked the document but didn't find any information about distance limitation between active and standby nor any information on media type supported. I know some devices only support copper, have distance limitation, needs direct connection and so forth. These are the information I am looking for. The data center options I have – one is 500 feet away and one is 15 miles away.

Any help will be very much appreciated. Thanks.

This is the only information I found in the document>

Hardware Requirements

• The two Firepower Management Centers in a high availability configuration must be the same model.
  • The primary Firepower Management Center backup must not be restored to the secondary Firepower Management Center.
  • Bandwidth Requirements: There must be atleast a 5Mbps network bandwidth between two Firepower Management Centers to setup a high availability configuration between them.
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

For FMC HA there aren't any other limitations as far as I know. It's application level redundancy so it's not quite so particular as the lower level redundancy schemes (such as among cluster members etc.) where they might require low latency stretched VLANs and such.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

For FMC HA there aren't any other limitations as far as I know. It's application level redundancy so it's not quite so particular as the lower level redundancy schemes (such as among cluster members etc.) where they might require low latency stretched VLANs and such.

harmesh88
Level 1
Level 1

Please do connectivity first, Both FMC can talk each other through network   and after establish HA .

As far as i concern it should be work .

Because its doing configuration synchronization only .

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card