cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

FMC Health Alert not clearable (Interface Status (Modified))

Legusol
Beginner
Beginner

We just upgrade to FMC v7.0.1 and afterwards we seeing an issue with a Health Alert that we cannot clear. The following is showing for one of our FTDs. At the interfaces shown are disabled interfaces on the FTD that are not in use which they should be since we don't use them. We cannot figure out how to clear this alert. If you click the alert, it takes us to the Health Monitoring page where both the FMC and FTD are showing Green without and alerts.

 

screenshot441.png

Prior to raising a TAC case I figured I check here.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
VIP Community Legend VIP Community Legend
VIP Community Legend

Here is the fix to delete the messages. The following commands need to be run as root from the FMC cli (expert mode):

OmniQuery.pl -db mdb -e "select status,category,hex(uuid),body from notification where status=11;"
OmniQuery.pl -db mdb -e 'delete from notification where uuid=unhex("<insert the uuid that the first command returns here>");'
OmniQuery.pl -db mdb -e "select status,category,hex(uuid),body from notification where status=11;"

repeat line 2 as necessary if there is more than one entry to be removed. The output after line 2 should be "Command returned no results." That is normal. Line 3 (same as line 1) should return "0 rows in set" if you removed the messages successfully.


The following bugID applies: https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCwa14518
(internal only as of this writing since it is still under investigation with only a work around in place and not a proper fix)

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Marvin Rhoads
VIP Community Legend VIP Community Legend
VIP Community Legend

Here is the fix to delete the messages. The following commands need to be run as root from the FMC cli (expert mode):

OmniQuery.pl -db mdb -e "select status,category,hex(uuid),body from notification where status=11;"
OmniQuery.pl -db mdb -e 'delete from notification where uuid=unhex("<insert the uuid that the first command returns here>");'
OmniQuery.pl -db mdb -e "select status,category,hex(uuid),body from notification where status=11;"

repeat line 2 as necessary if there is more than one entry to be removed. The output after line 2 should be "Command returned no results." That is normal. Line 3 (same as line 1) should return "0 rows in set" if you removed the messages successfully.


The following bugID applies: https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCwa14518
(internal only as of this writing since it is still under investigation with only a work around in place and not a proper fix)

Thank you! That worked perfectly!

Just worked for me. I had to remember to do a sudo SU first, which gives you root user access. Then run the commands.

Thank you