Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FMC importing configuration instead of backup

Dear All,

I have 3 FTDs 2100 version 6.2.3 connected and configured by Virtual FMC (6.2.3). Two of the three FTDs are configured in HA mode. And the other one is added as a single FTD.

Licenses, Interface, objects, polices, nat, vpn & other features are configured in the virtual FMC & working successfully.

I have a new FMC 1000 appliance in which i want to move all above configuration with FTDs, license and others to the FMC 1000. I knew that full backup of FTDs will be supported in version 6.5 as in this bug (CSCvb77246 https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvb77246/?reffering_site=dumpcr)
and migration using a backup only supported between equal types of FMC (e.g. only VM FMC to VM FMC).

I need to copy as much as i can of the configuration from virtual FMC to FMC 1000, so i tried using the export/import process, will it works??
Please take into consideration that FMC1000 is empty, and i read here (https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/623/configuration/guide/fpmc-config-guide-v623/configuration_import_and_export.html) that when exporting an access control policy also exports any sub policies it invokes,objects and object groups it uses.

All software version between virtual fmc and fmc 1000 is the same, and i tried to export and import only access policies, Nat & Platform settings as others like alerts, dashboard, searching is not important for me.

1- The exported SFO file (ObjectExport_20190227074455.sfo,) has size about 261KB, is that logic?

2- When prompted, regarding interface object & what zone to choose, can i create new zone with same name as in the virtual fmc despite  the FTDs still are not beaked from virtual & added to fmc 1000 as attached? or what to do?

3- As explained in what i have of Configuration in the virtual FMC, is it ok to ignore exporting other config like alerts, dashboard, searching,,, etc???

Hope my explanation is clear to get a resolution for above issue.

Thanks and regards,

0 Replies 0
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card