cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FMC Patch 6.4.0.2 to 6.4.0.7

Zachary Ballard
Level 1
Level 1

Forgive me if this is a silly question. I haven't worked with ASAs or Firepower before.

I am looking to patch my Firepower Management Center from 6.4.0.2 to 6.4.0.7 due to the security advisory: 

cisco-sa-20200122-fmc-auth

From what I have read, since this is just a patch and not a major upgrade, I can install the patch using the FMC web interface.

This patch is listed under the updates tab on the FMC. 

Cisco Firepower Mgmt Center Patch6.4.0.7-53

Is this the correct way to apply this patch? If not, could someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,
Yes installing the patch via the WebGUI is the correct method. Make sure you have an up to date backup before proceeding. If you have integration with AMP and you have a standalone FMC beware you won't be able to perform any cloud lookups whilst the FMC is down.

HTH

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Hi,
Yes installing the patch via the WebGUI is the correct method. Make sure you have an up to date backup before proceeding. If you have integration with AMP and you have a standalone FMC beware you won't be able to perform any cloud lookups whilst the FMC is down.

HTH

Great! Thank you for the quick response! I will be sure to have a backup before installing the patch.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card