Views
Helpful
Replies

FMC Realm configuration

pavan2
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Community ,

My doubt is in regard to Realm configuration change, where i want to update AD password of the directory.

When the password is updated

1)Does it effect the existing AnyConnect VPN users by disconnecting the connections or the users will have no impact while we update password.

2) once after the password update, is it necessary to download the users and groups manually instead of waiting for the schedule to download it.

Thanks

Pavan

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

As long as FMC able to connect to AD and able to pull the user information, I do not see any issue.

But do it in a maintenance window, where there is low traffic of VPN users connecting timings (to be safe)

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I do not believe that they do, but we need to consider change over time - how quickly you doing both sides and push the changes.

BB

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

As long as FMC able to connect to AD and able to pull the user information, I do not see any issue.

But do it in a maintenance window, where there is low traffic of VPN users connecting timings (to be safe)

BB

Thank you balaji!

Does the users whoever connected prior activity gets disconnected when i perform password update ?

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I do not believe that they do, but we need to consider change over time - how quickly you doing both sides and push the changes.

BB

pavan2
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks Balaji

My understanding is that,

the users and groups will be downloaded on timely basis based on the scheduled time in user download and in the mean time we change password, the existing database should keep the connections working and also even allow new connections as its already has downloaded the users and groups. When the password is changed and we manually download the users and groups, our plan is to disconnect the test VPN user and reconnect again to confirm everything is working fine.

I will keep  posted on how the change goes.

Sure sounds like a good plan (post-testing for the change).

BB

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card