cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FMC Report generation fails

alfred.thyri
Level 1
Level 1

I tried to generate a custome report, but it fails all the time with "failed to generate" - where can I find more information about the failure reason?

Other reports works without issues. Previews in the report template are also created successfully.

Report is based on a saved search. 

FMC is 6.2.0.2

3 Replies 3

mduhra
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having a similar issue. I can generate the report, however, when I try to open it, I get this error:

Adobe Reader could not open '90E2BAC8-8AE5-0ed3-0000-201863730163 (1).pdf' because it is either not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged (for example, it was sent as an email attachment and wasn't correctly decoded).

I did not send it over email, this error happens right on the FMC under 'Policies > Access Control'

Has anyone seen this and fixed it?

Thanks

I have seen where an extremely long file name will cause reports not to generate. Try shortening any file names and try it again.

I want to add this caveat. I am seeing an error with the report generation as I type this, but it is only happening on one of three networks. I can use the report generation button to the top right. When I set up all the filters/ settings, I can then look at the preview, and it shows up correctly. When I hit the generate button and the system then tries to spit out a report, it shows up blank. When I look in the reports area, there is not one single report in there. When the report is finished, it shows up in the reports area for a very short time period (seconds), and then after a refresh, it is gone.

In the report templates area, all saved templates appear in there.

This one network has reports being backed up to remote storage, and once the other engineer is done with cisco tac, I will try disabling the reports going to a remote storage, and save all reports locally.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card