Views
Helpful
Replies

FMC Reserved Licenses Migration to New Hardware

navidn
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

As we have used the permanent license reservation to activate our FMCs and we are considering to migrate them to new ESXi, I wanted some help about backup from old FMC and register new FMC with old PLR licenses. Can anyone help me through it. I would be apreciaed.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I would suggest opening a TAC case for an unusual use case such as this one. PLR is not a very commonly used feature and doing unusual things with it is even more rare.

I know the PLR / SLR process is pretty particular about ensuring that only the authorized FMC is handing out device licenses. If it isn't done exactly right it won't work.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I would suggest opening a TAC case for an unusual use case such as this one. PLR is not a very commonly used feature and doing unusual things with it is even more rare.

I know the PLR / SLR process is pretty particular about ensuring that only the authorized FMC is handing out device licenses. If it isn't done exactly right it won't work.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: