Views
Helpful
Replies

FMC Scheduled Backup Failing - Copy Failed

Beauchamp
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

We are experiencing an issue with our FMC scheduled backup. If I configure Remote storage for our SFTP server. We get the backup failed error when the scheduled backup runs.

If I configure the remote storage to local storage, then copy when complete. We get Backup complete, copy failed. Nothing has changed from the SFTP server side, and using SFTP OR SCP from the CFMC CLI is successful and completes in a timely fashion. The host_key is present in the key file. So attempting to SSH to the SFTP server is also successful. It is purely when running via the scheduled task. 

CFMC v7.0.4

3 Replies 3

Eric R. Jones
Level 4
Level 4

We had a similar issue, but we use NFS and had to pub "nolock" in the Command line options section on the FMC system>configuration Remote Storage Device page. You haven't recently upgraded from 6.X train to 7.X train have you?

We jumped to 7.0.* fairly quickly once it was available as we were seeing some real performance issues when going through access control. 

It was working for a period, at least a few months. Just seemingly randomly stopped working, which I always find hard to believe that nobody changed anything...

Anyways, I updated the FMC to 7.0.4 in the hopes it was an undocumented bug in the version we were on. But no such luck! 

Eric R. Jones
Level 4
Level 4

re-reading this you say the backup completes but the copy to the location fails. Permissions pop's up for me. Since we use NFS to a Windows share we had to take permissions into account for the remote directory. The location names had to follow ~nix character standards being matching case types in the name. Once we got the naming and permissions correct it fixed our copy failure issue.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card