cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FMC update error

michael18
Level 1
Level 1

Im trying to migrate from Virtual FMC to Physical. I need to update the VDB on the virtual to match the Physical but when running download updates in the system>updates tab I get error: peer certificate cannot be authenticated with known CA certificate 

the version is 7.0.1

theres was a bug for this that looks like it was fixed in previous version.  

The download updates were working previously.

the new physical is doing the same when trying to update the geo updates.

access through the firewall is working. DNS is working. 

what else can I look at.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

manabans
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The symptoms shared match the Field notice - https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/field-notices/725/fn72501.html 
Field Notice: FN - 72501 - Firepower Software: Automatic Software Downloads And Content Updates Might Fail After January 10, 2023 - Software Upgrade Recommended

Workaround:
1. Enter sudo su in order to elevate to root.
2. Enter mv /etc/sf/keys/fireamp/thawte_roots /etc/sf/keys/fireamp/thawte_roots_bk in order to back up the current CA root bundle used for downloads.
3. Enter ln -s /etc/ssl/certs/ /etc/sf/keys/fireamp/thawte_roots to cause the updated CA root bundle to be used for subsequent downloads.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

manabans
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The symptoms shared match the Field notice - https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/field-notices/725/fn72501.html 
Field Notice: FN - 72501 - Firepower Software: Automatic Software Downloads And Content Updates Might Fail After January 10, 2023 - Software Upgrade Recommended

Workaround:
1. Enter sudo su in order to elevate to root.
2. Enter mv /etc/sf/keys/fireamp/thawte_roots /etc/sf/keys/fireamp/thawte_roots_bk in order to back up the current CA root bundle used for downloads.
3. Enter ln -s /etc/ssl/certs/ /etc/sf/keys/fireamp/thawte_roots to cause the updated CA root bundle to be used for subsequent downloads.

Thanks manabans

Ive searched everywhere for an answer but didnt find it. Thanks for sharing the answer.

Got a New 4600 and got the same error ! thanks for the solution! it works 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card