Views
Helpful
Replies

FMC Variable Set - Can't use an undefined value as an ARRAY reference

M P
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

FMC Version: 6.0.1 (build 1213). This a fairly brand new FMC setup being configured with no policies defined yet.

Issue:

Adding a Network Object Group as the value of a variable in a Variable Set, causes an error upon saving the changes. This error does not appear when adding multiple individual Network Objects only as the value of the variable.

I deleted the Network Objects and Network Object Group and redefined them and the same error occurred. I then defined new testing Network Objects and Network Object Groups, and still the same error occurred.

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Go to Objects > Object Management > Network. Create two Network Objects.

2. Create a new Network Object Group and include the two Network Objects created in Step 1.

3. Go to Objects > Object Management > Variable Set

4. Create a new Variable Set by clicking "Add Variable Set" and provide a name for it.

5. Set HOME_NET or any other variable value to be the newly created Network Object Group in Step 2.

6. Click "Save". The error message should pop up.

Documentation: In page 308 of FMC Configuration Guide 6.0.1, the documantation states that "You can add any combination of the following network configurations to a variable: any combination of network variables, network objects, and network object groups that you select from the list of available networks"

Error (Snippet): 

Can't use an undefined value as an ARRAY reference at /usr/local/sf/lib/perl/5.10.1/SF/EODataHandler/VariableSet.pm line 1276 SF::EODataHandler::VariableSet::_populateExpandedObjList ...

The error message is pretty long, that's why I did not include it all in this post. Have anyone experienced this error? Any help or pointers in the right direction are appreciated.

Thank you.

MP

2 Replies 2

mallenson
Level 4
Level 4

Did you ever find a solution to using a group in a variable set?

Thanks!

Sorry for the delayed response.

It looks like this is a confirmed bug now in the 6.1 release. Reading through the fixed issued, you will find this:

"Resolved an issue where, if you attempted to deploy an access control policy containing a custom network group object in any variable, or saved a variable set containing a custom group network object, deployment failed and the system generated error messages respectively. (CSCuz03275)"

Searching for the same bug id reveals the same error message I reported initially.

MP

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card