Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FMC VDB Doesn't Update offline

Hi everyone

I have FMC version 7.2.5.2(build4) and I have applied latest patch. But VDB doesn't update offline and when I import new update (for example Cisco_VDB_Fingerprint_Database-4.5.0-386.sh.REL.tar) the version of VDB is still build 353 (2022-03-07 22:13:19). It gives no error and version of vdb doesn't change. I have tested different version of VDB files and no result! Can anyone help?

I,ve attached Screenshots00-1.png00-2.png00-3.png

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

VDB packages should be uploaded under Product updates, not under Rule updates. Rule updates is only for Snort Rule Updates (SRUs) and Local Security Packages (LSPs = same thing more or less but for Snort3).

Once you upload a new one there, it will show up as a product update for you to install (and then deploy to managed devices afterwards).

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

VDB packages should be uploaded under Product updates, not under Rule updates. Rule updates is only for Snort Rule Updates (SRUs) and Local Security Packages (LSPs = same thing more or less but for Snort3).

Once you upload a new one there, it will show up as a product update for you to install (and then deploy to managed devices afterwards).

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card