cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FTD-3105 OS compatibility with FMC

titusroz03
Level 1
Level 1

We have our management center running in 7.2.7-500 version and we want to add a New Secure -3105 firewall in FMC.OS updated for this 3105 firewall as updated in cisco software download website is 7.3 and plus but Secure 3110 Firewall has the OS for 7.2.7-500(cisco-ftd-fp3k.7.2.7-500.SPA)

Will this OS be compatible with 3105 or Do I need to upgrade FMC to 7.3 and get the new firewall registered..?Any clues or suggestions..?

My intention I want to bring the firewall into FMC..?Is upgrade really required in this situation..?

7 Replies 7

@titusroz03 you would have to upgrade the FMC. You the FTD can be the same version or older version than the FMC, but not newer.

@Rob Ingram Yes..Understood,but have a clarification below:

Is there any specific reason for only the 3105 which couldnā€™t support versions below 7.3 in spite other 3k models can support..?

@titusroz03 the 3105 hardware was introduced after the other 3100 series hardware, so 7.3 is the first version to support that hardware.

To be exact, FMC 7.3.1 is required to support the 3105 hardware - https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/secure-firewall/release-notes/threat-defense/730/threat-defense-release-notes-73.html

You may wish to consider 7.4 which is a longer supported release.

@Rob Ingram We have upgraded our FMC from 7.2.7 to 7.4.1 first and then to 7.4.1.1-12 ,will that be same for FTDs or can we directly upgrade from 7.2.7 to 7.4.1.1-12 ..?

@titusroz03 EDIT: @Marvin Rhoads is correct, upgrade to 7.4.1 then apply the patch.

@Rob Ingram and @titusroz03 7.4.1.1 is just a patch. So as far as I know you must first upgrade to 7.4.1. Then patch to 7.4.1.1.

dareveggen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I'm currently managing a network infrastructure project and have encountered an issue with our Cisco routers. We're experiencing intermittent connectivity drops across multiple sites, and despite following the troubleshooting guidelines and ensuring all firmware is up to date, the problem persists.

I've checked the configurations and logs, but nothing seems out of the ordinary. Has anyone else faced similar issues with Cisco routers? What steps did you take to resolve it? Any advice or insights would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card