Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FMC Virtual 7.2 VMware files?

I've just downloaded "Cisco_Secure_FW_Mgmt_Center_Virtual_VMware-7.2.0-82.tar.gz", however when I open it with WinRar I get an error and there is only the .vmdk file shown in the archive.  I've verified the SHA-512 hash and also tried WinZip and 7-Zip that both just show the one file.

I've just checked the FMCv 6.6.5 file I downloaded previously and when I open this with WinRar I see 5 files in the archive - the .vmdk disk image and two files each for installation via vCenter or direct on an ESXi host.

I also downloaded the FMCv300 file (Cisco_Secure_FW_Mgmt_Center_Virtual300_VMware-7.2.0-82.tar.gz) and its the same with this.

I can't see any updated installation instructions for 7.2.

What am I doing wrong?

Andy

6 Replies 6

marce1000
VIP
VIP

>.... I get an error...

-  What is the error ?

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

This is the error that pops up on WinRar.  WinZip & 7-Zip don't display any errors, however they show the same single file in the archive.

I've just downloaded the FMCv 7.1 tar.gz file for VMware and this has five files in the archive and WinRar doesn't error.

- These files are large, so make sure you have sufficient space on the disk/partition when downloading. Also verify the md5sum after download. If all of this does not help , try a '% gzip -d Cisco_Secure_FW_Mgmt_Center_Virtual_VMware-7.2.0-82.tar.gz" ' on a Linux host. Check what happens.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

As I said in the original post I verified the SHA-512 hash and its correct so the 7.2 file I downloaded is not corrupt.  I have plenty of storage & memory available on the Windows 10 workstation I am using.  There is not much difference between the sizes of the 7.1 and 7.2 files and the 7.1 file can be opened OK with WinRar or WinZip on Windows.

I've tried as you suggested, copying the file to an Ubuntu 20.04.4 host and unzipping it with the 'gzip' command you posted and it creates a single .tar file with the same name minus the '.gz' at the end.  If I then run 'tar -xf Cisco_Secure_FW_Mgmt_Center_Virtual_VMware-7.2.0-82.tar' it extracts the 'Cisco_Secure_FW_Mgmt_Center_Virtual_VMware-7.2.0-82.vmdk' file and the four other files needed for the VMware .ova installation (vCenter & ESXi).

I'm guessing whoever created the .gz files created them differently than previous versions (CLI switches or different gzip version?) as WinRar, WinZip and 7-Zip couldn't deal with the 7.2 file?

Andy

I've just upgraded the version of 7-Zip on my machine and this works...

Essa_Rahemi
Level 1
Level 1

Yes Winrar is not able to extract using 7 Zip works.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card