Views
Helpful
Replies

FP4115 Logical FTD

fatalXerror
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Guys,

I am trying to install an FTD 6.4 into my FP4115 with the native type logical device but it is not installing and the blue dot icon states that it is waiting for the previous FTD to be uninstall but I do not see any other FTD installed in my chassis.

What to do next?

Thanks

5 Replies 5

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Not sure what is the procedure you followed, as per my understanding you want your chassis to install different FTD image is this correct.

then follow the below procedure.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/firepower-ngfw/200886-installing-and-upgrading-firepower-threa.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hi @balaji.bandi , I followed Cisco documentations for 4100 FXOS and FTD installation. I want to run FTD into my FP4115 natively but something strange is happening that the system is stating that I have another ftd installed in the appliance but there isn't. 
anyway, I tried to reimage my FP4115 hoping it can resolve it.

What do you mean by "natively"? Firepower 4115 will always use Firepower Chassis Manager. What did the device start out with - ASA image or FTD?

Hi @Marvin Rhoads , because in FP4100/9300 you select if you want to be in Native or Container instance when you are creating your logical device in FCM. I just want my FTD natively in my FP4115 to use all 100% resources for that logical device only. Thanks

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

yes re-image will wipe everything and strat new.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card