Views
Helpful
Replies

FPR-1010 Ethernet1/1 keeps flipping Up/DOWN

CHMICOL
Level 1
Level 1

HELP!

After a failed initial setup, FPR-1010 (6.4.0-102) refuses to connect to Internet (and console shows flipping every 10 seconds between UP and DOWN). ISP provides public listed address on an ASA5505 no problem but the FPR refuses to connect.

I did factory reset and all. No dice! Any ideas? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Fantastic! Let us know what the outcome is

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

nspasov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You may have a bad hardware that may require RMA. However, it is impossible to tell with the information provided. Thus, it would be best that you raise a support case with TAC for further troubleshooting. 

Thank you for rating helpful posts!

CHMICOL
Level 1
Level 1

I am a private individual and I have no idea how to raise a Cisco TAC case for a piece of equipment I just bought but without a service contract. How do I do this? Thanks

Thanks,
A service contract is required to open a support case. I have now ordered a SmartNet agreement for the FPR so that I can raise a case...
Thanks for your help

Fantastic! Let us know what the outcome is

Actually after 2-3 factory resets, the FPR-1010 came up nicely and has since been onboarded and configured. Humms now...

@CHMICOL 6.4 was the very first supported version for the FPR1010 hardware, I'd recommend upgrading to a newer version, such as 7.x....a lot more features and bug fixes.

That is great but even though I have a SmartNet contract on the FPR and a Software Subscription, I am not allowed to download the latest version of the software for my FPR. And this morning, I could no longer log into the web interface (as if the password had been changed). After. trip to the rack and a console connection showing the password had not been changed I noticed that the unit was quite warm.

Looks like I may have a bad unit as originally suggested by another community member. I think I will raise an RMA case.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card