How to poweroff FPR1010 gracefully?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

you use FDM or FMC ?

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

you use FDM or FMC ?

FDM. 

Could you please also let me know if I can copy the configuration from asa5506 to FPR1010. I mean can I create a backup from asa5506 & restore FPR1010 with that backup.

@navneet-k1 from the CLI, either SSH or via the console cable, run the command "shutdown".

If using the console cable, after 10 seconds or so the FTD will tell you the "System is stopped" and "It is safe to power off now". You can then pull the power cable.

Could you please also let me know if I can copy the configuration from asa5506 to FPR1010. I mean can I create a backup from asa5506 & restore FPR1010 with that backup.

@navneet-k1 If you are running FDM, then no you cannot backup configuration from ASA and restore to FPR1010.

As you are running FDM you either need to manually configure the device using FDM GUI or use CDO as a migration tool.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/migration-tool/migration-guide-CDO/ASA2FTD_Using_CDO/m_how_to_implement_migration.html

The Firepower Migration Tool will only migration ASA configuration if using FMC, not FDM.

As @Rob Ingram  suggest 
you need to use FMC to migrate the config from ASA to FPR, and here also you must was use FMC to control ASA. 
here you have FDM so you need to manually migration the config.

Hi Rob, I am a beginer. Could you please provide a nice document on this?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card