Views
Helpful
Replies

FR1010 - Non-stop Status LED Flashing

PSR24
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

The status LED on my newly purchased FR1010 keeps flashing non-stop. The other 2 lights become solid shortly after power on.

What could the problem be and how can I resolve it?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Many thanks for your reply.

Before I saw your message, and after starting the thread, I downloaded Putty and tried the CLI connection, something which I was not used to.

I watched the firewall boot process and discovered that it crashed after the following message:

DB error - will retry: Cannot connect to DB at /usr/local/sf/lib/perl/5.24.4/SF/SFDBI.pm line 681.

The above message kept repeating non-stop.

I powered down the firewall, powered it up again and pressed the Escape button to exit the boot process.

I then typed: factory-reset

The software re-installed with no problems and I was able to login again.

To anyone not familiar with the CLI option as I was, you first need to install the CISCO driver software, then install a program called Putty, click on the radio button for "Serial" and then choose the speed as 9600 and click "Open". Before connecting, go to Device Manager and locate the correct "COM" no. under serial ports. Mine was COM3 (default in Putty is COM1) - you need to connect your PC/laptop to the firewall using a serial cable as well.

I have made a note of the command you shared MHM for future reference - thank you very much for taking the time to reply.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

show portmanager switch status 

Try this command 

See the duplex and speed of interface 

Is match in both side of link

MHM

Many thanks for your reply.

Before I saw your message, and after starting the thread, I downloaded Putty and tried the CLI connection, something which I was not used to.

I watched the firewall boot process and discovered that it crashed after the following message:

DB error - will retry: Cannot connect to DB at /usr/local/sf/lib/perl/5.24.4/SF/SFDBI.pm line 681.

The above message kept repeating non-stop.

I powered down the firewall, powered it up again and pressed the Escape button to exit the boot process.

I then typed: factory-reset

The software re-installed with no problems and I was able to login again.

To anyone not familiar with the CLI option as I was, you first need to install the CISCO driver software, then install a program called Putty, click on the radio button for "Serial" and then choose the speed as 9600 and click "Open". Before connecting, go to Device Manager and locate the correct "COM" no. under serial ports. Mine was COM3 (default in Putty is COM1) - you need to connect your PC/laptop to the firewall using a serial cable as well.

I have made a note of the command you shared MHM for future reference - thank you very much for taking the time to reply.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card