cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FTD 6.1 management address

pnavratil
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to run TFD 6.1 in our lab enviroment to test it - I installed Firepower NGFW Virtual v6.1.0 on ESXi 5.1 or 5.5

image to our ESXi 5.5 - I tryed to deploy both versions either VI or ESXi - but I am not able to setup management IP address. In case of ESXi I setup it in initial setup, then I tried it trough command in CLI (Console) but even it responeded the change was made I can still see the IP is not setup

there is "no ip address" under interface Management 0/0.

The same with VI deploy where the IP is setup during deployment.

Does anybody met the same behaviour? It seems the IP configuration is ignored by some unknown reason.

Note: Another thing which is very frustrating for me - I cannot find any way how to setup pageing in vmware console - output like show running is rolled out and I cannot find any way, how to scroll it back to see the beginning.

2 Replies 2

pnavratil
Level 1
Level 1

Note - I was able to solve this by configuring vmWare virtual switch interface to promiscuous mode.

Hi, pnavratil

Thank you for your reply, I just figure it out, like 5 minutes ago, the same thing. :)

BR,

Corvinux

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card