cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FTD and AD sync with user agent

MMartinWV
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to use the AD user integration to allow certain groups to access Facebook and deny others. I realize I need AD integration with the user agent for firepower but this is a standalone FTD with no FMC as the documentation for this setup shows. Is there a way to setup the AD integration without an FMC and only using a standalone FTD. The device in questions is ASA5506x w/FPS

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Cisco User Agent cannot (as of Firepower 6.2.3) integrate with locally-managed FTD devices (Firepower Device Manager) or ASA Firepower service modules (managed with ASDM).

Watch for release 6.3 (later this year) to see if that changes but you cannot currently use User Agent as an identity source unless you're using Firepower Management Center (FMC) for management.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Cisco User Agent cannot (as of Firepower 6.2.3) integrate with locally-managed FTD devices (Firepower Device Manager) or ASA Firepower service modules (managed with ASDM).

Watch for release 6.3 (later this year) to see if that changes but you cannot currently use User Agent as an identity source unless you're using Firepower Management Center (FMC) for management.

Thank you for the confirmation.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card