Views
Helpful
Replies

FTD and Management

avilt
Level 3
Level 3

I need a few clarifications

a) I need to provide two Cisco Firepower 2100 Series in a HA par to customer and customer already has Firesight at his data center. I need to demonstrate this two firewalls first at my place without Firesight. Is it possible to setup these firewalls without Firesight? Can I define HA pair, access rules. Can I use Firepower Device Manager?

b) By default do we get ASA 5516-X with FirePOWER Services with FTD image? I hope I can setup these firewalls with Firepower Device Manager without Firesight. 

c) ASA 5525-x, 5545-x etc are shipped with ASA software and SSD hard disk for IPS. Is it possible to get these firewalls with FTD and can we manage them using  Firepower Device Manager without Firesight? In this case are we using SSD hard disk?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You might want to be aware of the proper name if you are presenting your work to a customer. The Firesight Management Center name was discontinued as of 6.0 several years ago. It's now Firepower Management Center.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Hi,

Yes you can manage an FTD HA pair using FDM, guide here.

If your 2100 came installed with ASA software, you can re-image to FTD, guide here.

You can order the Firepower hardware with ASA or FTD software, so you can decide before purchasing. This can be managed local using FDM and if required using CDO (cloud managed).

HTH

Just to re-confirm Cisco Firepower 2100 Series can be managed by FDM in a HA pair, so it's not mandatory to use Firesight Management Center.

No it's not mandatory to use FMC, configuring HA using FDM was introduced in version 6.3, so as long as you are using 6.3 or above this will work.

You might want to be aware of the proper name if you are presenting your work to a customer. The Firesight Management Center name was discontinued as of 6.0 several years ago. It's now Firepower Management Center.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card