cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FTD BAD, Something Else ????

keithcclark71
Level 3
Level 3

Hey all i have a bizarre situation going on. When I put FTD in place and my laptop only in switch I can ping the FTD internal IP 192.168.3.1 . I pleg FTD into another switch I can still ping it. Now here is the kicker , when I plug in passthrough phones into the switch where PC's are on 192.168.3.0 network they work but as soon as I unplug the cable going from that passthrough phone to the pc and plug back in the FTD spazz's out and is no longer pingable and PC's behind phone spit out IP ADDRESS CONFLICT issue and then when trying to ping the FTD they say unreachable from a AUTO ASSIGNED IP ADDRESS. WTF is going on here? 

The interface itself is physically assigned the IP address from within FMC as 192.168.3.1/24. I know in the ASA's you had to specify Vlan then add interface to the VLAN. Do I need to do this or something in the FTD like add this particular interface to VLAN 1 or is this FTD bad??? This is craziest thing I have ever seen

2 Replies 2

Jitendra Kumar
Spotlight
Spotlight

Make sure where on the internet port have you connected with the POE switch cat5 or cat6 and use the same cable on the PC port where you are connecting the system.

Thanks,
Jitendra

keithcclark71
Level 3
Level 3

Just a follow up here that I had to re-image the firewall and issue went away. 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card