Helpful
Replies

FTD can't reach the internet or the router

moha27med
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Guys
I made this Lab in Gns3 to prepare myself for my CCNP Security exam
Everything work fine, I configure the FTD through FMC, I gave IPs for outside & inside interfaces
also, I have configured NAT and Static route, the issue is that FTD can't reach the internet (so I can't ping to 192.168.122.1)
really I don't know what is the problem, maybe could someone help me

UPDATE: there is no Problem with INTERNET ISP, I have tested with router and PC is pingable

17 Replies 17

I think thr issue is in NAT cloud not in FTD. 

no cuz i tested the NAT cloud with router and PC, so there are no problems with it

can I see the route in FTD toward the NAT cloud ? <<- you already share the show route 
can you use wireshark between FTD and cloud 
see if the FTD get ARP reply for it ARP request 

this is the output of Wireshark between FTD and Cloud, it looks likwireshark.PNGe there are no connection between, right?

no there is but the arp is missing. 
please use workaround as I write below and check again. 

If you not see ARP reply then simple solution to complete your lab is 
add router between the cloud and FTD 
then confing NATing in router. 
it is some GNS limitation I think 

I found the Problem, the issue in FW FTD, it can't ping to all direction also to Inside and DMZ.
There is a ping between Router and Internet,
but i still don't know why the FW doesn't ping at all, I check the ACL, but there are no restrictions 

You do not state how you tested. Regardless of any configuration problem in access-control, routing and NAT, you should be able to ping the next hop from the FTD itself.

Try if that works and if not, post the output of:

show int ip brief
show run route
show route
show arp

SeeFTD.PNG the attachment pls, these are the outputs

The config looks good so that you should be able to ping the default gateway from the FTD CLI. But with the ARP table empty it is most likely that you messed up you connection between FTD and Default-Gateway inside of GNS3.

georgipetrov
Level 1
Level 1

I once had this issue, if you configured NAT and the route is fine, you might need to clear the ARP cache with ISP. 

Edit: Noticing now you mentioned its a lab - in this case forget ISP 

How is GNS3 installed?  Is it on a Linux, Windows, VM ?

In either of these cases, my first thought would be that the Host device where GNS3 is running is not sharing its network interface with GNS3.

--
Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts

It is on VM, but there is no problem with Network, because i tested already with the router and pc in the lab (can see it beside the diagram)

I am not saying there is a problem with the network, I am saying there is a problem between GNS3 and the host interface.  Have you tried assigning the virtual interface to a virtual PC on the VMware host and test from it?  I suspect that this will also not work.

But you say that this is VMware, is there a switch between the VMware host and 192.168.122.1?  If yes how is the switch port configured (trunk, access-port)?

--
Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card