Views
Helpful
Replies

FTD Clustering with Firepower 3140

hadeelOth81
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All, 

I'm planning to add a new FTD cluster (FP 3140) and manage it through the current FMC which is used to manage 4145 cluster. Can I create the cluster in the FXOS (through Chassis Manager) ? Or it should exclusively be added through FMC?

Thank you 

12 Replies 12

@Rob Ingram Thanks Rob for your reply. So it means no workaround to configure it from the Chassis manager!

Thank you, 

@hadeelOth81 no you don't configure it from the chassis manager, clustering and other such functionality is configured from the FMC.

@MHM Cisco World wrote:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/secure-firewall-threat-defense/221012-configure-ftd-high-availability-using-fd.html

You can use I think FDM check link

MHM

@MHM Cisco World clustering is not High Availability and FDM does not support clustering, only HA.

If that is the case can a we migrate a cluster from one FMC to another one?

Thank you all!

@hadeelOth81 register the FTD's on the other FMC and create the cluster.

Why yoh don't run two cluster (not ha) in one fmc?

MHM

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

As @Rob Ingram correctly noted in his first reply to this thread, 3100 series clusters are managed differently from 4100 and 9300 series in that you onboard the chassis into FMC and then add FTD instances (and clustering) as desired. The older series used the separate chassis manager to create instances which were then in turn managed with FMC.

Much appreciated, Marvin.

Friend you need to run cluster or HA ?

MHM

I need to run a cluster. 

Thank you, 

Hadeel 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card