cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FTD getting remote users connected on its standby unit.

sam cook
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi

we have 2 FTD 2110 on 6.4 Version and in actif-passif high availability mode.

And yet we see some remote access anyconnect users connected on the standby unit, is it normal ?

we are going to shut the standby unit, is there any production cut risk on these users ?

thanks

4 Replies 4

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

In an HA pair, the standby synchronizes the VPN connection state table with the primary. This is so that, in the event of a failover, the users don't have to re-establish a VPN connection.

Shutdown or disconnection of the standby unit will not have any effect on these users' session to the primary unit.

Hi Marvin,

Thank you, but the strange thing is that i see users connected on the standby unit but i can not see them on the primary one.

If it was simply  VPN connection state table synchronization, i should have seen same users on both appliances but still it's not the case.

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

That is odd. Does "show vpn-sessiondb anyconnect detail" show the users as active? Do those users show up on the active unit at all? Could you contact one of them personally and inquire about their status from their perspective? If you force a logoff for that user from the FTD side do they reconnect to the active unit?

@marvin and @sam I have seem this issue in production network. where end user s/he was connected to standby FTD public ip address. in my case this paticular use was able to connect to FTD (connected to standby ip address).

please do not forget to rate.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card