cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FTD High Availability Failover using EtherChannel

noisey_uk
Level 1
Level 1

I have 2 x FTD2110 managed by an FMCv, all v6.2.2. I'm trying to create an HA pair using an EtherChannel rather than a single physical link. However, only the physical interfaces are appearing in the dialog box to create the HA pair. The documentation states that "You can use any unused data interface (physical, redundant, or EtherChannel) as the failover link"though. This is really simple to do with ASAs... what am I missing when it comes to FTDs? Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

noisey_uk
Level 1
Level 1
Just in case anyone else comes across this problem - ensure that you haven't named your Portchannel interface prior to creating the HA pair. If you have named your Portchannel, FMC thinks that it's unavailable for use as the HA link.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Have you assigned an IP address to the Etherchannel first?

I don't have one to check but I believe some other posters reported success after having done that.

Just tried it - no difference. Thanks for the suggestion though.

noisey_uk
Level 1
Level 1
Just in case anyone else comes across this problem - ensure that you haven't named your Portchannel interface prior to creating the HA pair. If you have named your Portchannel, FMC thinks that it's unavailable for use as the HA link.

dinos1979
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you noisey_uk. Works for me.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: