cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FTD initial configuration & management

me77
Level 1
Level 1

Seems like this should be a simple thing, but I'm stuck. I have FTD installed, but the network settings I gave during the install process did not "take" and I do not see a way to configure the interfaces with IP addresses from looking through the documentation.

I'm trying to manage FTD on a single device locally, but all the documentation I found states to connect M1/1 and one of the Gig ports to a switch and setup a VLAN to connect the management station to. That seems like a bit of overkill. Does anyone know whether there's a more straightforward way to mange a single FTD device from a single management computer (locally) using the web-based GUI? Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

This was resolved, there was an IP subnet conflict between the Inside & Outside networks. I had to re-IP my outside network to be a different subnet, when I rebooted the FTD it started pulling a different DHCP address, and is working now.

Now, on to the fun with Smart licensing!

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

mikael.lahtela
Level 4
Level 4
Hi,

First I think we need to know what platform you are using.
FTD on 4100 requires 2 separate ports for management of FXOS and FTD.
FTD on 2100 you can manage the device from mgmt port.

br, Micke

It is a 5506-X set to routed mode and local management.

I haven't tried it on a 5506-X yet so not sure about it.
The locally used management on FTD is called Firepower Device Manager FDM and the Centralized is called Firepower Management Center FMC.

Here is the documentation for the FTD with FDM, hope it helps you.
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/quick_start/5506X/ftd-fdm-5506x-qsg.html

br, Micke

This was resolved, there was an IP subnet conflict between the Inside & Outside networks. I had to re-IP my outside network to be a different subnet, when I rebooted the FTD it started pulling a different DHCP address, and is working now.

Now, on to the fun with Smart licensing!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card